Date & Time06/11/2019 8:00 pm ET
Contact Hours2 Hours
This is a 2 hour webinar designed for physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, occupational therapists, & occupational therapist assistants that are interested in gaining a better understanding of Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV). This is an introductory course on the evaluation and treatment of one form of BPPV – canalithiasis, the most common cause of dizziness in adults. Instruction will include anatomy and physiology of the vestibular system, common causes of BPPV, signs and symptoms of BPPV, testing, treatment, and goals.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the basic anatomy and physiology of the vestibular system
- Understand the causes, signs, and symptoms of BPPV – canalithiasis
- Perform a basic evaluation for BPPV
- Determine affected canal and decide on treatment plan
- Perform standard treatment for BPPV – canalithiasis
- Establish goals and discharge criteria
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to various polling questions asked throughout the webinar.