Contact Hours2 Hours
This course will cover relevant information pertaining to the evaluation and treatment of the amputee, with the majority of information being post prosthetic training. The course will review issues impacting success, prosthetic componentry, gait/prosthetic analysis, outcome tools, progression of device and treatment ideas.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
1. Understand etiology and limitations regarding success as a prosthetic user.
2. Identify potential outcome measures used with the amputee population.
3. Discuss types of componentry including microprocessor and mechanical knees
4. Identify aspects of the pre and post prosthetic evaluation and management for transtibial and transfemoral amputees.
5. Increase treatment ideas for balance, strength and gait for the transtibial and transfemoral amputee.
6. Discuss special considerations when treating bilateral amputees.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.