Date & Time12/20/2018 7:00 pm ET
Contact Hours3 Hours
As a therapist, you have probably experienced “burnout” from time-to-time, seeing the same diagnoses and performing the same types of treatments from day-to-day with often moderate outcomes. Have you ever had a patient whose pain level did not respond no matter what? How about the total knee patient whose swelling didn’t leave the joint no matter how much electrical stimulation, ice, and retrograde massage you administered? Do you see patients with impaired gait or other functional limitations due to swollen limbs? Patients with wounds that won’t heal? Have you encountered clients who cannot tolerate traditional therapies due to autoimmune conditions such as fibromyalgia? Manual lymphatic therapy can help alleviate swelling (lymphedema), relieve pain, and improve patient outcomes in a variety of settings, with results that are significant, measurable, and often quickly achieved.
This course provides an overview and practical knowledge of manual lymphatic therapy—what it is, what it can do, and how to properly apply the techniques in specific clinical cases. Participants will examine the diagnosis and differential diagnosis of lymphedema as well as the indications and contraindications for manual lymphatic therapy, and through the use of video will see various techniques demonstrated in a hands-on lab. You will return to the clinic with a “new set of glasses” for evaluating clients and new treatment strategies to implement immediately.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Review the anatomy of the lymphatic system
- Identify indications and contraindications for lymphatic therapy
- Demonstrate knowledge to educate patients on ways they can increase their own lymphatic circulation
- Examine treatment methods for lymphatic conditions resulting from trauma, surgery, vascular disorders, cancer therapy, and more
- Demonstrate manual lymphatic therapy techniques
- Discuss lymphatic therapy as a means to enhance patient outcomes in rehabilitation
- Recognize how to document for maximum reimbursement
- Discover ways to market lymphatic therapy to appropriate audiences
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.