Contact Hours2 Hours
Increased awareness and knowledge of medical interactions that occur during a patient’s rehabilitation process will help drive optimal intervention processes, goal setting and attainment.
This introductory webinar will begin exploration of specific pharmacology related to Cancer and Parkinson’s Disease, their medications, side effects and considerations for providing rehabilitation services and barriers will be discussed. We will also look at the special role the aging population has when being given medication and which ones may be problematic for them.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
1) Have a better understanding of specific pharmacology related to Cancer and Parkinson’s Disease
2) Verbalize the staging process for tumors
3) Identify 3 of the meds used in management of Parkinson’s Disease & their side effects
4) Understand implications on therapy
5) Describe the role of the Beers List
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.