Date & Time01/31/2019 8:00 pm ET
Contact Hours2 Hours
This course will cover the key elements required to running a successful wheelchair/seating clinic. This is a 2 hour webinar that is in lecture format with the inclusion of video on performing a mat evaluation.
This course will help the participant in understanding how to successfully set up and run a wheelchair/seating clinic. Subject matter includes identifying key members of the team, performing a subjective evaluation, performing a mat evaluation, performing a functional evaluation, equipment trials, and an overview of letters of medical necessity, manual wheelchair styles, power wheelchair styles and power seat functions. There will be practical examples of success stories and learning opportunities.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the key members of the wheelchair/seating clinic team.
- Identify the equipment and time needs for running a successful wheelchair/seating clinic
- Identify the key elements to performing a subjective evaluation, mat evaluation and functional evaluation of a patient requesting a wheelchair/seating system.
- Name the different levels of manual wheelchairs.
- Name the different levels of power wheelchairs.
- Name the different power seat functions available on the market.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.