Contact Hours2 Hours
Evidence Based Practice, or EBP, has been a buzz word in healthcare for some time but many healthcare professionals still don’t fully understand what it means or how to implement it. Even those individuals who have a good understanding of EBP often struggle to implement it because of the time constraints that exist in a busy clinic. This course will introduce the principles of EBP and will teach participants the skills and knowledge they need to implement it into a busy practice. It will focus on teaching participants the following: how to develop focused questions to guide a literature search, how to quickly/efficiently search the literature, and how to identify the best literature to answer their questions. Participants will also learn how to set up free and automatic email feeds so they can receive updates on the latest research on topics of their choice.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the steps in the EBP process
- Develop a PICO/PEO question to help guide a clinically relevant literature search
- Perform a literature search using PubMed Clinical Queries
- Describe the levels of evidence and how to select the most appropriate articles to read
- Set up an RSS feed to receive automatic email updates on the latest research in areas of interest
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.