Date & Time04/28/2020 7:00 pm ET
Contact Hours3 Hours
This course provides an overview of the effects of exercise on the physiological changes of pregnancy, as well as fetal response to training. Current American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists (ACOG) guidelines and research in the field of maternal fitness are discussed and contraindications for exercise listed. Guidelines for developing a safe and effective prenatal fitness routine are described and innovative techniques for modifying each component of a fitness program are provided.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the principal effects exercise has on the physiological changes of pregnancy.
- Provide guidelines for developing a safe and effective strength and flexibility exercise routine.
- Describe how exercise impacts fetal health and development.
- Identify ACOG absolute and relative contraindications to exercise during pregnancy.
- List the four components of a prenatal exercise prescription.
- Describe methods for modifying exercise throughout pregnancy for comfort and safety.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar & to be logged on during the entire webinar.