Contact Hours2 Hours
This course will discuss early mobility for ICU patients; primarily how to determine who is appropriate, when to initiate, purposes and how to begin applying the protocols. Further, time will be spent on discussion of safe mobilization of patients dependent on a ventilator. This will include a short review of ventilator settings and which ones work best for early mobility. Finally, evidence will be summarized and case studies will be used to critically think through the early mobility process.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
1) Determine which patients are appropriate for early mobilization in the ICU;
2) Articulate the benefits of early mobility and its outcomes to their stake holders;
3) Discuss pros and cons of individual ventilator settings in regarding early mobility;
4) Present a feasible plan for mobilizing someone who is dependent on the ventilator;
5) Apply the early mobility model to case studies;
6) Defend early mobility with evidence based studies.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.