Contact Hours2 Hours
This webinar is designed to improve the knowledge of rehabilitation specialists involved with the rehabilitation of individuals who have undergone surgical reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament. (ACLR). The webinar will report the data that the majority of athletes do not return to competitive athletic competition following ACLR for many reasons. This webinar will cover the various aspects of rehabilitation needed to successfully rehabilitate individuals reintegrate back to competition and work. Topics will cover the Psychological, Biomechanical, Testing, Barriers, and Primary and Tertiary Prevention factors related to successful rehabilitation and reintegration.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Summarize the Incidence and Prevalence of ACL injury as well as incidence of athletes post ACL reconstruction and their lack of return to competitive sport.
- Identify various types of exercises and functional testing to avoid and those that are safe during the post operative process with research evidence to support it.
- Identify the various combinations of movements related to anterior cruciate ligament based on research literature
- Recognize the various factors related to successful and unsuccessful return to competitive play
- Describe the time and criteria-based progression for ACLR Rehabilitation to include the revascularization of the ACL graft.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.